Friday 22 January 2010

Fyfe Dangerfield



BUY
Fyfe Dangerfield, lead singer of the Guillemots released his debut solo CD this weekend, it's probably the first good CD of the 2010, that I've heard anyway.

The fantastic single She Needs Me really put me in a good mood about this and overall it doesn't dissapoint. More reflective and down-tempo than recent Guillemots material - more like their debut EP's - which for me is a good thing, although saying that, maybe another power-pop esque She Needs Me wouldn't have gone a miss.

My other favourites on first few listens are Livewire, a lovely ballad about a failure, as well Barricades.
If you are quick (like me) you can buy a limited double CD / Vinyl edition that comes signed and has TEN bonus tracks not available anywhere else - that's a bit crazy right! Anyway, I've included one of these tracks for you to listen to below - some of these bonus tracks should have found their way onto the release in my opinion. Give it a listen, enjoy and then buy the album, or the deluxe if you are early and lucky enough. Link above.

I saw Fyfe at Scala, London last night, it was a fine evening, he was clearly getting to grips with the songs still himself. It was even more stripped than on the record live, with the exception of a girls aloud cover, call the shots! Anyway enough rambling...

Video to She Needs Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment