Friday 12 March 2010

Stricken City #2


Stricken City are one of my favourite discoveries of the last 3/4 months after first seeing them support The Joy Formidable at the Barfly I've purchased all their music (and advise everyone else to do the same).

The nice boys and gal have now released a new single EP called Animal Kingdom (one track from the forthcoming album and a few demos) it's on a pay what you want basis and can be found at the official Stricken City site here - go forth and listen to goodness.

The have two 7" singles - both fantastic (videos to the A-Sides below) although my favourite song of the first releases is probably the epic Bardou which is reduced to a B-Side - I hope that changes in the near future as it's too good to go unnoticed. Plus when I purchased the single direct from the band I got a free Promo CD containing both singles and b-sides and a nice hand written note - I love hands on artist - I think it helps build relationships with the fanbase.

Then their debut mini album 'Songs About People I Know' an 8 track CD released last November and limited to 1000 copies (buy it here) in all it's glorious splendour - it also includes a DVD with video / shows so is truly a bargain, given the quality of the album it's a shame they don't know more people! My favourites are probably PS, Pull The House Down and Five Metres Apart.

Plus Rebekah has the best name in the world, Raa, I want that surname!

Here are a few video's to get you in the mood...


Stricken City - Animal Festival from Stricken City on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment