Thursday 23 February 2012

Summer Twins #2 - I Will Love You / Album Release

Facebooksummertwins.bandcamp.com/

It's been a few months since I mentioned the undeniably retro, sweet charms of California's Summer Twins, the lead single to their wonderful debut LP "I Don't Care" brightened up a cold, pre-Christmas London weekend and given today (Thursday) was the first day this year I was able to bin the jacket and roll up my shirt sleeves I thought it was an apt time to revisit them...

"I Will Love You" is the second taster of the record and it's (of course) all kinds of sugar and spice and all things nice, syrupy 60's girl group harmonies gloriously play over sun-kissed melodies and hand-claps that could keep you warm in any weather. While the girls are obviously at home with the dreamy, summers day vibe (and why not when it works so well) there are some welcome changes in pace. The exceptional "Pickin' Daisies" has a funky, psychedelic guitar riff and stomping drum beat while the more bluesy / western guitar twangs of "Teardrops on my Pillow" create another highlight and I challenge even the hardiest of sourpusses not to be raise a smile on the blissful closure "Worryhead".

Summer Twins have created a lovely record that will bring pleasure to many, whatever the weather. The LP is perfectly presented too, a cute as a button inlay, a lollipop sticker and it arrived in the UK in perfect condition - what more could you want (available now via bandcamp / burger records).


No comments:

Post a Comment