Friday 8 June 2012

The Tuts - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook / thetuts.tumblr.com/

I'm writing a blog post on my Friday lunch break, it's been one of those sorts of weeks. A working week that's only (so far) been two and a half days long and has felt ten times as long, a trip straight into London last night for a hat-trick of gigs (Bleech at Rough Trade, Carousels and Savages at Hoxton Bar & Kitchen and 2:54 at Scala) means that today to add to the bout of cantbearsed syndrome I'm pretty tired, so when I came to write a post I was looking for something upbeat, instant and fun, The Tuts offered just that...

"I Call You Up" is the debut track (though there are lots of live recording on youtube) by the London based trio and it's utterly delightful, a shining indie pop gem with a loveable 90's melody, crashing and bouncing with guitar-laden distortion and youthful harmonies, "I Call You Up" fits together perfectly, puts a smile on your face and sounds just great. The live videos hint at an energetic, kick-ass live show (as well as some gorgeous, harmonious acoustic ones), leading nicely onto this next paragraph about both my introduction to the band and a chance to catch them live.

I discovered the band through the line-up for a music festival I've already recommended, the Kiss The Music Weekender at The Sebright Arms, Bethnal Green (full event details) which takes place this very weekend with The Tuts playing on Sunday alongside other such wonderful acts as We Walk on Ice, Fountains and Hella Better Dancer. I'm running a half marathon that morning and then running there (probably not actually running, more likely stumbling)...


No comments:

Post a Comment