Thursday 7 August 2014

Jodie Goffe #3 - Terrence (Live)

Facebook

On one of my earlier posts about London singer-songwriter Jodie Goffe I labelled her as a candidate for one of my 'ones to watch' features in 2015 or 2016, yet since that post near the end of 2012 I'm not sure I've heard anything from her. It's okay though, Jodie is still only a teenager and time is most definitely on her side. Thankfully for those, like me, who lack patience, that silence appears to be over with a few live dates posted up on her website (all on bloody Wednesday's when I cannot go) and the release of a live video to a new track taking from a forthcoming EP, due later this year...

The track is called "Terrence" and it comes via a lovely video (it seems Jodie has a liking for cold videos) where the light comes from hundreds of candles placed around a garden house (I've no idea what the real name for a massive bird house is!). It sees Jodie standing solitary armed with sparse acoustic plucks and her stunning voice, the result reminds me a bit of Elena Tonra's output before Daughter added percussion and electronics, just a stripped-back haunting vocal that brings goosebumps throughout and re-introduces a sure-fire song-writing talent. I'm not taking back my original comments yet...


Jodie Goffe - Terrence - Live Session from Leo Buckley on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment