Sunday 27 September 2009

Apartment - Live and More


Myspace

Buy the album The Dreamer Evasive now - amazon

Watch: Pressures / 10,000 Times promos

Similar Artists: Editors / Boy Kill Boy / David Caggiari

Album Rating 9.6/10

If you played Fifa 08 you would of heard Fall into Place, a song that should have been the soundtrack to the Summer of 2007 but that never was (why?!). That's not even my favourite song on the LP, Pressures, an epic from start to finish wins that honour, other contenders would be the haunting Ghosts of an Unforgivable Past, a live favourite and often epically crazy set-closure Beyond My Control and the pop perfection of My Brother Chris and 10,000 Times.

This list of songs without even mentioning the sublime Pop perfection of early single Everyone Say's I'm Paranoid ("...which makes it much more") adds up to make The Dreamer Evasive one of my all time favourite albums, and I do mean all-time, not of last week, what I found down the sofa, or what I've been forced to listen to by itunes genius. I'd tell you my play count of the song Pressures, but you'd probably call the stalker police (let's say it add's up getting on for a week).

If you have never heard of Apartment do yourself a favour and look at the links above and download some rarer material below. Why Apartment never received mainstream success I have no idea when much, much worse Indie bands were packing the charts at the time...

If Apartment are to continue, it is yet to be seen, there has been no news for two and a half years, David their lead singer has done some solo tracks (see post 2) but he has not performed live in the UK for 18 months either (he has done some work singing in Brussells) - hopefully we will soon have some news because I for one am dying to hear a live Apartment / David show ASAP!

Please buy The Dreamer Evasive and Support David's new band Age of Giants.