Saturday 28 January 2012

Lissy Trullie - Madeleine

Facebook / trullie.com/

I don't think I'm particularly the first to post about Lissy Trullie's most recent track "Madeleine" but I post things as I discover them and the slow-burning "Madeleine" definitely warrants its posting, even three months late. Produced by Dave Sitek and featuring Holly Miranda on backing vocals it's actually not too dissimilar to some of the tracks on Miranda's debut. The woozy track is effortlessly sexy with a distinctive, distorted guitar buzz and languid percussive beat complimenting Lissy's haunting vocals perfectly (I've read Nico comparisons at least five times already) "Madeleline" is a fine entry point for those of you, like me, who are new to her.

Those in the know (Guardian in this case) tell me Lissy released an EP 'Self-Taught Learner' back in February 2009 (I've included a video for the title-track below), her debut LP is scheduled for April 10th on Downtown Records, a three year wait then, though I've not had to endure it myself, if the rest of the album is of this quality I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Finally, if you were wondering what the track would sound like if it was re-recording for the Drive soundtrack, Selebrities are here to help, with a retro and stylish, neon filled remix of the track filled with shiny, twinkling synths that ooze cool, listen to both below:




Lissy Trullie - "Self Taught Learner" from Downtown Music on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment