Monday 8 October 2012

Daughter #4 - Run

Facebook / ohdaughter.com/

An ironic song title to be writing about today, "Run", for that's exactly what I did too much of yesterday, after running Chester Marathon yesterday I don't think I could run right now, if my life depended on it, my stiff and aching thighs and calfs are as tight as can be...

"Run" the song was actually talked about here as long ago as November 10th 2010 when it was a demo track for a solo artist called Elena Tonra who'd recently changed her recording name to Daughter, it was the start of a two year long love affair that's had me eager for more, a couple of exquisite EP's have since followed with an album promised next year. I've only caught Daughter perform twice so far to my pity, their show next January at Hackney Empire being almost sold out is a testament to the power and beauty of the band, far more than any words I can use could be.

The new version of "Run", released today as the b-side to the previous blogged (and quite exceptional) "Smother" sees Elena's intimate demo revamped with atmospheric echoes and kick drums propulsions adding to her finger plucking acoustic while Elena's vocals too are changed, her tender vocal lament replaced with a fuller, richer delivery. For better or worse, I'm yet to decide but one thing is for sure, "Run" is a fantastically written beauty. Listen to the updated version below:

Norman Records is as good as place as any to buy the sure to be soon sold-out 7" vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment