Saturday 4 May 2013

Emily and The Woods #5 - First Light

Facebookemilyandthewoods.com

Summer is finally here and everyone is out enjoying the long weekend with glorious weather. That is apart from me, I've been having a quiet, lazy day resting up before my marathon on Monday. Now as day turns into night I find myself looking for something to take my breathe away, what better thing to pop up on my timeline then than a new track (a solo, live version of) by Emily and The Woods...

"First Light" does just that, a plucked electric guitar gives the sole backing (but provides a full sound) for Emily's identifiable voice and intimate lyrics to instantly fill you with calming, wounded emotions. She's proven time and time again to be a master of haunting, heart-breaking song-craft and "First Light" is immediately that.

I've posted about "Lonely Handed" before but this newer (and incredibly well shot) video of the track is such a stunner that I can't help but post it up here again, it's so good that it could pass for a studio release almost as it stands. Ringing electric guitar plucks combine with Emily's exceptional, plaintive words to magical effect, whilst her controlled vocal shines through with such a natural, compelling beauty. I'd be very surprised if "Lonely Handed" isn't the lead track to Emily's next release...


No comments:

Post a Comment