Thursday 2 May 2013

Everything By Electricity #2 - A New Introduction

Facebook / everythingbyelectricity.com

One of the main reasons I continue this blog is the buzz of discovering new music, it's why I try and feature and support new bands (and follow them there after) as much as possible. One of my favourite "Introducing" blogs from early last year was London based trio Everything By Electricity (here's my initial post from March 2012), I went and watched the band play at Hoxton Bar & Kitchen shortly after that post and was preparing to have them as one of my 'new favourite things' but then it went quiet, very quiet. In fact, so much so that I thought the band had quietly disbanded, until the weekend just gone...

Two new tracks appeared (the initial three tracks that had me purring like a kitten have been removed) introducing a developed, more synth dependent sound but one that is still in keeping with the gorgeous pop sensibilities previous identified. Any concerns of a change in direction quickly evaporate with the pure, unadulterated beauty of" Violet Haze" as Yulia's dreamy vocals glide silky smooth over glistening synths and precise percussion whilst chugging reverb-heavy guitar riffs lie underneath. The equally excellent "Story of You" is more dramatic, 80's-tinged retro-futurism with sparking melody and shiny, heavenly vocals. Quite the return then...

If you are new to EbE I do hope the initial three tracks make a re-appearance soon enough, they are far too good to be resigned to history. Hopefully gigs and more will be announced soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment