Wednesday 25 September 2013

Agnes Obel #2 - Fuel To Fire

Facebookagnesobel.com

I had the chance to see Agnes Obel play St Pancras Old Church the other week, I'm very annoyed I wasn't able to free up my life sufficiently to make it, it promised to be a spectacularly intimate gig at a beautiful London venue. After recently featuring "The Curse" here I'm following it up with the similarly spine-tingling "Fuel To Fire", the latest track from Agnes' soon to be release second LP Aventine (30th September via PIAS).

The track immediately pulls you in with its beautiful piano led melody and an emotive narrative that is poignant, calming, haunting all in equal measure around a delicate vocal that seduces, you are soon transported to somewhere better for five hypnotic minutes - quite stunning is this.

Agnes plays Union Chapel on October 21st - a sublime live rendition of "The Curse" is certainly enough to tempt me to make up for my recent miss and attend.



No comments:

Post a Comment