Saturday 21 September 2013

Best Coast #2 - I Don't Know How

Facebook / bestcoast.us/

Best Coast have soon become a band that polarise opinion, half of people I know like their take on simple, nonchalant fuzz-pop whilst the other half think they are a bad cover version of about twenty other bands. Me, well I've always liked the blissfully, sweet approach they take and I personally think this new track "I Don't Know How" is the best thing I've heard from them since before the release of their debut album...

The song itself is split into two halves, the first beautifully wistful dream-pop with Bethany Cosentino's vocals more saccharine sweet than ever and the melody oozing with syrupy goodness before the track stops to gather momentum for a second half that speeds along with crunching guitars and punchy beats around the most catchy chorus of late, late summer (I can't help but feel it would have been better to release this track a few months ago in the midst of summer and not as the nights draw short and I reach for my aran sweaters), still "I Don't Know How" is exactly what I want when I think of Best Coast, joyful, catchy pop music - I've heard the track about six or seven times now and I know most of the words - that's a good thing.

The track is taken from Fade Away, the bands new seven track EP which will be out on October 22nd via Bethany's own, newly formed label Jewel City.

1 comment:

  1. Love this!
    Check my blog for music reviews, news and updates http://wildinthewinds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete