Friday 25 October 2013

Marika Hackman #3 - Cinnamon

Facebook

If you follow me on Twitter you'll know I've been suffering with man-flu this week. Tonight (Thursday when I write this - and the rest of the weekend's blogs - I'm actually in Wales until Tuesday) I hit my inbox for the first time in a few days and waded through some submissions before hitting this gem, a track which is exactly what I needed...

Instantly making the hairs on your arms stand on end is "Cinnamon" by Brighton's Marika Hackman, the first track taken from her forthcoming EP Sugar Blind out 9th December. The track itself is a sparse acoustic led beauty which resonates around Marika's haunting, restrained tones and sombre percussion, together they carry you to a darkly lit atmospheric world that you don't want to leave.

The EP is available to pre-order via iTunes now - there's a cover of Joanna Newsom's "81" on there - intriguing!

No comments:

Post a Comment