Saturday 5 October 2013

Tashaki Miyaki #7 - I Can't Stand The Rain

Facebook

I've featured the ongoing covers series of tracks by the marvelous Tashaki Miyaki on this blog a few times now (here or here for starters). After a little break the LA based trio return with another, an exquisitely delivered tribute to Ann Pebble's "I Can't Stand The Rain", transformed from a 70's velvet smooth soul number to a hazy, dream-gaze beauty with big languid guitars and syrupy harmonies enough to make you all weak at the knees.

Looking at the bands Facebook page prior to this post I  discovered an equally wonderful live session for Blip TV with delicious versions of "Somethin is Better Than Nothin" and "Keep Me In Mind" that you should definitely check out too. The interview in the middle states their debut full-length is almost done - that's news to my ears indeed and if it all takes your fancy too, like it should, head to their Bandcamp for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment