Tuesday 7 January 2014

Liza Anne - New Music "Introducing"

Facebooklizaannemusic.com

I get a lot (and I mean a lot) of group mailers with album links and pr for more acts and artists than I could ever feature here and I'm honest to say at least 90% of them get deleted without me ever listening to them (that's not the same with 'personal' submissions which I'll always try and at least listen to). One such submission perked my curiosity the other day because it mentioned Daughter and First Aid Kit as references and comes from an artist from Nashville, fickle difference can make the difference it seems...

So I headed to 19 year old Liza Anne's soundcloud and soon fell in love with a beautiful track that also happens to be the title track to her debut album The Colder Months (which is due next month). Daughter is actually the perfect starting point, the track is restrained, atmospheric and haunting from the outset, slowly building from a calming opening with the emphasis firmly placed on Liza's ethereal vocal, her soft voice bleeds with devastating emotion as the song swells with increasing percussion and widescreen guitar textures to an intimate, heart-felt climax. "The Colder Months" be-lie's Liza's years, an age-old tale about love and loss that seem to linger longer over winter, however you want to look at it, it also happens to be the best track that 2014 offered us in its first week.

The Colder Months is due February 4th, more details.



No comments:

Post a Comment