Wednesday 8 January 2014

School - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook

I discovered this song over Christmas and it definitely deserves its belated exposure here, the debut track by Sweden's (Gothenburg's to be precise) School (with apologies to my introducer, I do like to reference my source but I never had a link saved this time).

"SoLong" (one word) bristles with excitable drums patterns, New Order inspired bass-lines and shimmering guitars textures which is a paragraph likely enough to have interested all by itself but when you factor in lead-vocalist Alice Botéus' sweetly compelling way with words and a brilliantly addictive melody, you'll be even more excited after pressing play.

The track is available via Bandcamp now. My one's to watch list grows a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment