Sunday 4 May 2014

Lowtide #2 - Blue Movie

Facebook

Sunday late afternoon and I've sat down properly for about the first time all weekend. I'm away next weekend (as my last three posts will probably have indicated) and am then I'm moving house, so as well as perhaps anticipating a bit of a drop in frequency of my posts for the next couple of weeks, I'm also wildly behind on my submission and new release listening. I'll post some that I listen to before I head to The Great Escape in no particular order starting with this, a new track from Melbourne shoegazer's Lowtide.

It was two years ago when I last mentioned the quartet and "Blue Movie" is their first track since, taken from their forthcoming debut album (due for release in July). It's exactly what I remember the band for, gorgeous, hazy vocal harmonies and chiming guitar textures that are so dreamy you can lose yourself within, here "Blue Movie" grows around slow burning shimmers to a soaring, hypnotic finale built around driving percussion and those delicious vocals. Lovely stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment