Friday 23 May 2014

Sea Change #2 - Bridges

Facebook / seachange.no

Sea Change (aka Ellen Sundes) was one of my revelations at The Great Escape (and judging by the reviews I've read, many others too). Even as an act I'd blogged about before the festival I was taken aback by her live show, performing as a trio in a pitch black (and tiny) basement I saw as intense and chilly a set I've ever, extraordinarily dark, her (surprisingly) epic electronic soundscapes and bass guitar rhythms combined perfectly around her undeniably sweet, ethereal vocal. It was simply stunning.

Her latest track "Bridges" was released a couple of days before I departed for Brighton and with some distance from that performance the track still mesmerises, it starts relatively calm with ambient glitches, effects and spectral vocals immersing you within its hypnotic, dream-like state before spiraling to a searing finale of electronic noise, guitar and emotion. If you still haven't discovered Sea Change, now is your chance.

There's some Sea Change merch - including two 7" vinyls I didn't know existed and a complete live bootleg (free) to be had from the official store - here.

Photo Credit - Martijn Veenma


No comments:

Post a Comment