Tuesday 13 September 2011

Russian Red #3 - It's A Heartache

Facebookrussianred.es/

If told me this morning that I'd be posting a cover of a Bonnie Tyler track I'd have probably laughed in your face, but here I am doing exactly that. The reason is the utterly delicious version by Russian Red, which you can watch below. Lourdes Hernández has the most haunting, devastatingly pretty voice and here backed only by a simple, repetitive guitar strum it shines like diamond in a sea of coal.

Beautiful.

I've also included the video for her latest single, the upbeat pop track "The Sun, The Trees", effortlessly playful it's bright and breezy from the outset, showing a side Lourdes away from the melancholic balladry that made me fall for her. It's the second single off her excellent second album 'Fuerteventura', you can download the title track for free from her site above.



5 minutos en Herzio con Russian Red from Herzio on Vimeo.

Russian Red - The Sun, The Trees from Video Exclusives // Playground on Vimeo.

For some mystifying reason she is still little heard of outside of Spain, here are a couple of my favourite tracks to convince you to fall under her spell:

Russian Red - I Hate You But I Love You
Russian Red - Just Like a Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment