Friday 9 March 2012

Emily Kokal (Warpaint) - Hymn (Live Video)


The name Emily Kokal will probably be familiar to most of you as guitarist / vocalist / lyricist of just about everyone's favourite band of the past couple of years, Warpaint. I've previously been aware that Emily has some solo material to be heard somewhere on the interweb but I hadn't actually heard any until this recently released video dropped into my lap.

It's just Emily and her guitar in Dilettante Records shop in LA performing a track called "Hymn", no not the same "Hymn" that Beach House released yesterday but a solo track that appears to have been around for a few years. Besides a few different track names on limited plays via her last.fm account I've not found much in the way of solid information and to my knowledge there are no plans for a solo venture, so for this short post I'll just leave you with this compelling track...

Her familiar guitar lines remain soft and delicate and her voice beautiful and haunting, just gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment