Sunday 11 March 2012

French for Rabbits - New Music "Introducing"

Facebookfrenchforrabbits.bandcamp.com/

My Sundays are often the one and only day in a week that I'll not be attempting to do too much, with no work to think about and (normally) no gigs or events to take me out of my home, it's often my only day in a week to relax, enjoy and saviour. Obviously being a little bit of a muso, on days like today I also like to turn to beautiful music to accompany me, today the perfect fit is French For Rabbits, a dream folk duo from Wellington, New Zealand who've just released their debut EP "Claimed by the Sea" through Home Alone Music.

The woozy video for the title-track highlight the delicate fragility of their songcraft, beautiful and bitter-sweet, bringing memories of romantic dawn walks along the sea-front with those you love (not that I can ever say I've done that, but you get the idea!), the echoey guitar plucks and Brooke's vocals equal parts pretty and calming, if you've had a hard week give this a listen, unwind for a little while and fall slowly but surely in love.

"A Ghosts Broken Heart" is another highlight, a repetitive drum dance and twinkling synths drive a bright indie-pop melody while the storytelling lyrics equally impress but it's the vocals that star again, soft and haunting. Brooke has this beguiling voice that is sure to add French For Rabbits to the list of New Zealand's exports before long, overwhelmingly beautiful. Check out the rest of the EP on bandcamp now, available digitally or on special limited CD with lyrics and notes.




French for Rabbits- Claimed by the Sea from French for Rabbits on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment