Wednesday 15 August 2012

Caitlin Rose #22 - Lately I've Let Things Slide

Facebookhttp://thecaitlinrose.com/

Hello, what's this I hear, the exquisite voice of this blogs (actual) favourite Caitlin Rose on a new recording? Yes indeed. Caitlin has provided a cover of "Lately I've Let Things Slide" to a new charity compilation of country leaning tracks by British singer/songwriter Nick Lowe entitled, with little fuss, Lowe Country: The songs of Nick Lowe.

I'm not overly familiar with Lowe I must admit but Caitlin's typically luscious vocals and steel guitar twangs give her version an easy, smooth feel where the rich instrumentation is almost as sublime as her impeccable delivery. Further details on the release can be found via Fiesta Red.

In other news, facebook and twitter posts have indicated Caitlin is currently in the studio recording the follow up to Own Side Now with a release of (hopefully) early next year, fingers crossed I can last that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment