Thursday 9 August 2012

Tashaki Miyaki #4 - Tonight

Facebook 

I was really gutted to miss Tashaki Miyaki's London shows a few weeks back, sandwiched between moving home, my daughters birthday and also my own they came at a time which was just a little outside of scope for my pleasure. Those shows saw the LA duo joined on tour by Dora from fellow blog favourites SNEAKPEEK and were met with rave reviews from a few of my friends who were lucky enough to see them, for my benefit, I hope they'll be back in London sometime soon...

For now though, I'll have to make do with their latest 7" single, which I picked up from Resident in Brighton on Monday and can be streamed in full below, a double a-side releaed through luv luv luv, the lead track "Tonight" continues Tashaki Miyaki's perfect run and sees stomping drum beats combine with the bands signature hazy daydreams, fuzzy guitars and sweet, seductive vocals, as ever, a potent combination to fall helplessly in love with.

The flip side is a track I talked about in its demo form, "Best Friend", languid, breezy and oh so perfect on a day like today as the sun shines down on us, if I was eighteen again (I'm not, though I'd snatch your hand off for a second chance) this would be the soundtrack for my (feeble) attempts to get the girl, just gorgeous.


No comments:

Post a Comment