Wednesday 29 August 2012

Moses Gold - Powder and Gold

Facebookmosesgold.bandcamp.com/

I've known the man behind Moses Gold for about sixteen years now, that's over half our lives, therefore some of his disclosures in a full and frank interview with TLOBF don't surprise me much, others overwhelmingly do so. A brutal and candid interview that stirs up emotions in me on a personal level about someone I used to know extremely well before post University life took us to different places, Phill to Manchester and myself to (near) London. We remain in contact, he stayed on my sofa after band practice with his old band Stay+ (or Christian AIDS as they were) and I'm certainly not going to go through personal experiences here but it's comes as a shock to read some of these things about someone who I spent pretty much all summer playing Championship Manager 99/00/01 with (that or in the pub)...

Similarly laying his cards on the table is the latest Moses Gold track "Powder and Blood", an early morning, post euphoria come down track where dark, languid beats from the shadows tackle those inner demons through stark, confessional lyrics and a baritone voice. Sure to hit home strong, "Powder and Blood" is a intimate, atmospheric track from a man who, like the track is nothing short of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment