Friday 4 January 2013

Plaid Dragon - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook / Bandcamp

I apologise to my introducer of Plaid Dragon (if any). A link to their EP, which I'm about to talk about, was simply saved in my draft folder over Christmas, my amnesia is sufficient to mean I'm not sure where it came from. Checking back over the folder though led me to discover a four track EP bristling with shimmering melodies, twinkling keys and heart-warming vocals.

Opener "SoND" a perfect example of that, which from its opening uke chords is beautifully endearing, the type of track that lets your mind slip off to somewhere endlessly rewarding. "Bird Years" similarly starts with Ukulele plucks but here is brighter and more energetic on a luminescent, up-lifting melody.

The highlight of the EP though is the title track and closure, which spends three minutes of its duration as a blissful folk-ish tune, with languid instrumentation and mellow vocals before exploding in a cacophony of noise. A wonderful signal of intent with the five piece from Missouri due to release a follow up early this year.

Download Dog Physics via bandcamp on a pay-what-you-like basis.


1 comment:

  1. Plaid dragon new music introduction is given here. Good post

    ReplyDelete