Tuesday 1 January 2013

Pulp #2 - After You

Facebookpulppeople.com

Hello, welcome to 2013. I've enjoyed a brief blogging holiday over Christmas and New Year. I hope you all had a good one and got everything you wished for. One thing I've quickly discovered I missed as I start a week long worth of blog catch up is as good as any Christmas present I did receive (boots, socks, whisky and a cardigan - a sure sign of age!), a new Pulp song!

As one of my favourite ever bands I've been pretty spoilt with the half dozen or so times I've seen the bands since the end of their hiatus and with the new track, "After You" hinting at new material and possibly further shows in 2013 it's certainly an exciting start to the year for yours truly - Jarvis had previously ruled out new Pulp songs (according to the bloody nme anyway!).

Though not an entirely new track (it dates back to the We Love Life album sessions in 2000), this new version of After You is produced by James Murphy and is all kinds of awesome. The LCD Soundsystem influence is apparent with the addition of a disco infused, funk-laden groove to Jarvis's signature vocal mannerisms. I oh so hope this is a welcome back to one of the greatest bands the UK has ever made - or if it's just a sign of songs still in the archives, we'll have some more please!

No comments:

Post a Comment