Wednesday 3 April 2013

Dark Dark Dark #2 - What I Needed

Facebookbrightbrightbright.com

Record Store Day remains something I'm very fond of although I can't say I'm a believer of all the major label re-issue's that seemingly take up most of the press in its build up, I'm much happier with the special releases, normally from little independent labels with some form of limited edition, exclusive material that can reward those of us mad enough to spend three hours queuing to get in the same record shop that you can go to every week without such troubles. (As I'm here, a side note, please don't feed the eBay sharks, in the last two years I've managed to get pretty much every release I wanted either on the day or by waiting a week for the remaining stock to come online - patience is the key).

My first post of RSD 2013 material sees the prolific Dark Dark Dark (their last album Who Needs Who came out just last October) release the lead track from a forthcoming four track 10" (with three new tracks and a remix) release, "What I Needed", instantly luxurious amongst an old school slow-motion melody and rich, sentimental vocals, it sweeps by with impassioned retro-pop goodness as organ swirls and precise percussive sway you into a smooth, romantic waltz.

You can also order the 10" vinyl via Melodic Records (and digitally too).

No comments:

Post a Comment