Monday 29 April 2013

Daughter #7 - Get Lucky

Facebookohdaughter.com

Will I get shot down if I say I can take or leave Daft Punk... This however is wonderful, Daughter's take on their latest track "Get Lucky" sees them switch out the funk-laden groove for a typically (for them) experimental, atmospheric one where stark, restrained instrumentation and Elena's hauntingly beautiful vocals cause goosebumps from the moment you press play (and then press it again because it's so good).

You probably know I'm a big Daughter fan if you've read this blog for a while. The Church shows of the early 2013 tour have been switched for much bigger venues for their October one with a heap of festival dates before - full dates. If you haven't got Daughter's debut full-length If You Leave yet - why?! - Get it here.

The latest single to be taken from the album, the deceptively upbeat "Human" is released today on limited 7" with an exclusive track "Drift", I can't wait for the postman to arrive so I can hear it! (Rough Trade order link for "Human").

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cover, not too keen on the original either. Daughter are fantastic live!

    ReplyDelete