Tuesday 30 July 2013

Chelsea Burgin - New Music "Introducing"

soundcloud.com/chelseaburgin

Crack in the Road turned me on to this track by Chelsea Burgin and I love it so much here I am posting about it with the song playing on repeat soon afterwards, her Soundcloud is the only online presence I found and this track "Pocketful of Dreams" is the only track to be found on it at present but with a post on The Recommender as long ago as December 2011 stating 'dozens of demos' it's clear that this is not the start of a new act, I'll concentrate on this track though as it's my own only reference point thus far....

"Pocketful of Dreams" intoxicates immediately and makes me ache all over, the perfect late-at-night soundtrack to those intimate, wistful moments, with a hazy, broken-hearted romanticism filling the air as Chelsea's beautiful, soothing vocals beguile at every word. The melody is simple, just basic guitar strums and echoes - it's all that's needed to bring goosebumps. How I wish I was there to hear those demos nearly two years ago. More soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment