Tuesday 12 November 2013

Emily Wells #2 - Mama's Gonna Give You Love

Facebookemilywellsmusic.com

I touched on my disappointment to miss Emily Wells when she was last in the UK in June so I'm very happy to have the chance to make amends when she returns to London at the end of an extensive European tour just before Christmas (with a show at The Lexington on December 17th - details).

To kick start the tour Emily has released a stream of her new single taken from her wonderful album Mama, a track which shares its name with the album "Mama's Gonna Give You Love". I've touched upon it within my Introducing post, with languid dub loops and a thick layer of droning strings it gives a fine taster of the album, full of menacing undertones but carried by the beauty of Emily's striking voice, fluttering between luxurious and mellow it that crosses a multitude of genres within its length. Eclectic yes, wonderful most definitely.

Make sure you grab the deluxe version of Mama, the accompanying Acoustic CD is in my opinion (as a folky) even better than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment