Sunday 24 November 2013

Mononoke - New Music "Introducing"

I watched My Neighbour Totoro today with my daughter, the brilliant Studio Ghibli movie provided sufficient a catalyst for me to remember to post this about Mononoke (I have no idea if the project is named after Princess Mononoke or not), a discovery made by Robin at Breaking More Waves a month or so ago whom has since caused a little stir amongst the blogging community.

There is little to go on thus far besides the the one track which made it all start "Alice", a genuine and intimate ballad that leaves you all tingly after listening (for the first of many times) with a bittersweet, restrained piano line and some subtle atmospherics providing the backdrop for Mononoke's haunting voice to devastate with such smooth, shivering beauty. I'm sure Lewis Carroll would approve. Here's to more where this came from...


No comments:

Post a Comment