Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Jezabels #4 - The End

Facebook

I've not featured The Jezabels here for a quite some time (two years). As a sold-out show at London's Scala last night will testify, they've been doing well enough without me,gaining popularity on both sides of the Atlantic amongst already lofty heights in their native Australia. The announcement of the quartet's new album The Brink (due to be released 17th February worldwide and a little earlier back home) gives me sufficient reason to post the newly released video to recent single "The End" and break my duck.

"The End" is quite simply everything I've come to expect from The Jezabels (and I mean that in the kindest possible way). An exhilarating rush of kinetic energy propelled by blistering drums, melodic keys and guitars that combine to pack quite the punch around sweeping crescendos and the dynamite vocals of Hayley Mary. It's a voice you're probably familiar with now (if not, prepare to have your socks blown off) but my it's still capable of bringing goosebumps, in seemingly perfect control of her super-charged delivery, one moment it's all sweetly beautiful and the next soaring into a different stratosphere - 2014 has another album on the 'to buy' list already.



No comments:

Post a Comment