Monday 3 March 2014

Fear of Men #9 - Luna

Facebook

I was already pretty excited about the forthcoming debut from Brighton's wonderful Fear of Men  (entitled Loom and due for release on April 21st via Kanine Records) but latest taster "Luna" is here to increase that even further....

Following swiftly from the streams of the releases opening tracks "Alta/Waterfall", "Luna" instantly introduces itself as a stronger, illuminating beauty that combines Jessica Weiss' effortlessly melodic voice with soaring, kaleidoscopic guitars, surging drums and throbbing bass patterns. The result, as ever with this band, bedazzles, although after more than a couple of tries deciphering the lyrics I'm still unsure whether I should be swooning "I want you more than this" or running away "I tried my best to destroy you" / "you are unbearable memories"...

"Luna" will also be available via a special edition flexi-zine, that's a flexi disc and 20 page 'zine, release by the ever tasty Art is Hard records on April 7th - pre-order.

No comments:

Post a Comment