Thursday 17 July 2014

Beverly #2 - Planet Birthday

Facebook

A month back (time flies) when I first posted about Beverly I talked about a super sweet fuzz-pop track "Honey Do", a track perfect for summer nights spent with friends and singing along to after a few too many beers, the second track to come my way "Planet Birthday" is not (the debut album Careers is out now via Kanine Records but hasn't made its way to my ears just yet).

Instead I'm instantly transported to a dark, grim basement, sweating it out amongst menacing rhythms, frenetic drums and buzzsaw bass. It reminds me of the September Girls, echoey and murky with vocals taking their time to reveal themselves, what immediately grabs you is a foot tapper with a typically catchy chorus.

It appears that Frankie Rose has since departed to concentrate on her solo career and Drew Citron has been joined by two strapping looking chaps to make a live show to tour the US. The UK awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment