Wednesday 23 July 2014

Kid Wave #3 - All I Want

Facebook

It's not too often I write about a track I've previously covered but I'm happy to make an exception when the track is great, and in this case, an entirely re-recorded version of a track I posted over a year ago...

"All I Want" was the first track I heard by London quartet Kid Wave - now signed to Heavenly (home of TOY and Stealing Sheep amongst others) - and is being released as their debut single on September 8th.

What was already an irresistible track has been made better still with a slick veneer of production polish and a greater emphasis on Lea's gloriously rich vocals, brilliantly identifying the track as a hazy, progressive surf-pop gem made for summer complete with juggernaut riffs and swirling pysche hooks. It's a must include for your next mix-tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment