Monday 21 July 2014

Indiana - Heart on Fire

Facebook

Advertisting. It can work. I'm normally one to shy away from adverts before Youtube videos and quite often don't listen to tracks that expect you to sit through thirty seconds of something beforehand - frankly it sucks, I'd rather the music model were like in the old days but seemingly I'm in the minority and people would rather advertisers pay the way, or part there of, instead of actually buying music they like lots - a model I'm not sure applies to anything else in the world - anyway, that's an entirely different story for another time...

Nottingham's Indiana came on before something I was emailed, I cannot remember what now but I was cooking dinner at the same time so I went into the kitchen after clicking on the link and then quickly came back to see what was playing... that as they say, is that. She is signed to Sony and appears to have been around for a good eighteen months so God knows where I have been but her latest single "Heart on Fire" is my introduction (I've actually just read that she's had a top 20 hit too - bloody hell).

Her voice reminds me of the melt-your-worries-away sweetness of Emily Wood and musically it's similar to much of the music I'm finding myself listening to this year, slick and stylish with glistening synths and lusciously smooth beats combining with a hook that makes you want to press play all over again. I'd say that's the very basis of a great pop song and "Heart on Fire" is most definitely that.

Indiana's debut album No Romeo is released 1st September.

No comments:

Post a Comment