Thursday 8 July 2010

Charlene Soraia - New Music "Introducing"

I've been getting quite a few emails recently from PR companies - it's great to know my blog is getting some attention and I like getting them from the right quarters (can't say I've listened to the R&B / Hip-hop ones!) - but this is the first one I've actually posted here ...

http://www.myspace.com/charlenesoraiajones
http://charlenesoraia.com/

Charlene Soraia - 'When We Were Five' by Sainted PR

It's by a lovely young lady called Charlene Soraia for who this is the debut single (after a few self released EPs) and comes out on August 9th. It's a very, very lovely song. Beautiful in-fact. Give it a listen for yourself.

I haven't decided if I should post PR speech too much - it's not really my thing - I tend not to be articulate and if I like something say I like it and don't need to describe "vivid landscapes" or whatever... Still here goes (what a load of waffle that sentance turned out to be!)... If you don't want to read half the PR turn off now.

(PR) At six and a half minutes long, ‘When We Were Five’ is not your average single, in fact 21 year old Charlene Soraia doesn’t seem to know the meaning of the word. From its hushed opening bars to its intricate chord progressions and trumpet flourishes, her debut single flees from the orthodox and hides in the darkened corners of a world of a vivid imagination.

Charlene’s skillful (self taught) mastery of the guitar and delicately delivered, emotive vocals paint an almost surreal musical landscape that sounds something like an audio described sun-set, screaming in sadness for the loss of the day. Her avant-garde approach to songwriting, creative use of tempo and exquisite ear for melody create a thoroughly original take on the traditional ‘single’. This impressive debut looks set to both melt hearts and warm them at the same time when it is released at the end of the summer. And will surely whet a few appetites for her album ‘Moonchild’ due to follow in October, which promises to be a perfect soundtrack for the falling leaves of Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment