Tuesday 27 July 2010

Emmy The Great #5 - New Album News and Pledge to Support it

http://www.myspace.com/emmythegreat

Either Pledge Music is taking off, or it's a massive coincidence that three artists that I like have used it to help fund their next release. I love it either way. I recently read it takes 8147 plays of a song on Spotify to generate an artist the same revenue of an album sale on CD Baby (I think it was; maybe my memory has it slightly wrong - but the end result is the same either way). So unless you want your favourite new artist to be working in a restaurant to pay their bills it's time something was done to rectify this a little.

I like Pledge for many reasons, tangible extra's like signed merch can be a great thing to have for a collector, unique items such as studio attendance opportunities / pledge only shows etc make you feel a lot more attached to the artist / music and the very simple fact that so much of the money is going to be going direct to the artist to give them the money they need to continue what they are doing.
I also like that the artists seem to be hitting their targets so quickly, it does bring back faith in music fans.

Anyway, the latest chance to "pledge" comes in the form of the truly fantastic Emma Lee-Moss or Emmy The Great, I've posted about her a few times already. Her album First Love truly is a fantastic album.
Her pledge site can be found below:
Badge

Cannot wait to hear the new material, to have the new album and on a personal note I cannot wait to be receiving post cards through my door. I might show them off on here, if and when it comes around.

Has anyone got £500 to give me for the gig in my house?! It's a tiny room - it'd be something special!

No comments:

Post a Comment