Friday 8 July 2011

Rachel Sermanni #3 - Waltz

http://www.rachelsermanni.net/ / Facebook

A few Scottish shows aside Rachel Sermanni has spent the last few months tucked away working on her debut EP (which is soon to be made available to buy - exciting!), in the meantime Rachel has treated us to a preview track from the resultant sessions entitled "Waltz".

The recorded version is every bit as beautiful as I hoped when I pressed play for the first time. Rachel's voice makes me melt a little every time I hear it, so enchanting and graceful. The instrumentation on the track is equally genteel and mellow. Basically it's the perfect thing to be listening to on a wet summers Friday with a nice hot drink by your side. Today then.

Catch her whilst you can see her at intimate venues, there are some festival appearance planned over the next month or so and a few Scottish dates too - I'm looking forward to hearing the other three tracks on the EP and even more so to seeing her live again - a London show please! Rachel was undoubtedly one of my Great Escape highlights.

Listen:
Waltz - The Bothy Sessions by Rachel Sermanni

Here is one of the things that made me fall for Rachel in the first place, one of her stunning earlier tracks "Song For a Fox", it's incredible to think that she is still a teenager, her song-writing is simply exquisite:


...and here is a live rendition of another new track, the gorgeous "Sleep". There is a comment on the video which made me smile... "Just showed this to my wee Avi, who's only 3 and should be fast asleep. He says your nice!". I agree, very, very nice:

No comments:

Post a Comment