Monday 18 July 2011

St Vincent #3 - Strange Mercy


Facebookhttp://www.ilovestvincent.com/

I've been obsessed with Annie Clark for ages, one of my many geek habits is to compile lists (in my head) of bands / artists that I've not seen, that I want to. St Vincent are top of that list (joint with Holly Miranda - someone I've mentioned here a few times), I've been listening to her albums ad infinitum, I simply cannot get enough.

When I'm being properly obsessive I head to youtube to search for some live / acoustic performances (there's enough on St Vincent to make a rather stunning DVD) that then make me further and further in love. Things such as this acoustic track of "The Strangers":



Unbelievable. A voice to melt you and simply an extraordinary talent - backed by a full band Annie is capable of things like this:



That's a bit fucking good yes? Need to see live. Thankfully (hopefully) that's not going to be too far away as St Vincent's third album has been announced, 'Strange Mercy' will be released September 12th, full track-listing and an extensive US tour can be found here. Track preview and European dates please Annie!

EDIT - Head over to http://strangemercy.com/ and follow the details and a free mp3 is the reward (well once enough has done it - it's got 50% of the way in about 20 hours).

A third and final video from one of the best live sessions people out there, La Blogotheque, delightful:



St. Vincent - Paris is Burning
St. Vincent - The Strangers

No comments:

Post a Comment