Sunday 8 July 2012

Field Mouse - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook / fieldmousemusic.com/

Field Mouse from Brooklyn have been a band I've been meaning to post about for ages, ever since a friend linked the track you can watch below "You Guys Are Gonna Wake Up My Mom" on my facebook. I'd not heard of the dream-pop four piece prior to that but the band immediately became the sort of discovery that a few years back led to the start of this blog, a band who straight away grab your attention with a killer track.

That track, beautiful and hazy, was the Steinman-esque titled "You Guys Are Gonna Wake Up My Mom", a shimmering, reverb-heavy daydream where fluttering drum beats and glistening soundscapes providing the perfect drop for the heavenly vocals, very much in the Slow Dive / Lush vein of atmospheric, gorgeous early 90's shoegaze. It's a song I could listen to endlessly on repeat as I'm meant to be packing up to move house (I have been packing - I'm having a rest!).

Earlier track "Glass" similarly swirls around gleaming guitar based textures and silky smooth vocals, I don't think I'll ever get bored of the video even if for its entire duration it simply focuses on the face of singer Rachel Browne with various backdrops and bubbles.


Facebook leads me to believe they've just finished what will be their debut full-length, one to keep an eye out for then. In the meantime you can get the "You Guys Are Gonna Wake Up My Mom" 7" via Small Plate Records in the US here.




No comments:

Post a Comment