Sunday 16 December 2012

Caitlin Rose #24 - I Was Cruel

Facebook

My excitement level is already pretty (understatement) high for 2013, the first two months are bringing new releases by quite a few of my favourite artists, top of that list is Caitlin Rose who will release her second full-length The Stand-In on February 25th, we've already been treated to one stunning track from it, "No One To Call", now we've another...

The track "I Was Cruel" is a song I've previously heard Caitlin perform, on last years wonderful (her second) Daytrotter session, it prompted me to say this of the track "[I Was Cruel is] a beautiful, aching ballad which highlights Caitlin's exceptional talent and vocal range, I don't know if it's a cover or a new track but hearing her singing a new song makes my heart go a-flutter all over again, her voice just brings me goosebumps".

Now upgraded to a polished, recorded version with rich, warming pedal steel and slide guitar led instrumentation it's even better. I now know "I Was Cruel" is a cover, of a song by The Deep Vibration, oozing with timeless Americana and Caitlin's voice, a voice that could melt of soul of steel, heart-felt, velvety gorgeous and exquisite - yeah, I love it.

I also found a great live version of the track which I've embedded belowl. I CANNOT wait for the live shows which kick off on album release day in Brighton - see you there!




Caitlin Rose - I Was Cruel from LaundroMatinee on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment