Wednesday 12 December 2012

Phildel - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook / phildel.com

A Facebook update propelling a draft post I've had in my blogger folder for about six months, welcome to 2012! Phildel is a name I'm expecting to hear a lot from in 2013, a new version of her track "Storm Song" was shared just yesterday and is far too good to pass up on...

I was previously aware of the song through this ukelele version, there pared down and beautifully intimate with softness and grace, this full version shows a whole new angle to the track with a dramatic synth pulse, gorgeous piano twinkles and serene backing harmonies. It's simply stunning, I should know, I've had it on repeat for the last half hour or so...

As the track progresses it swells beautifully with dark, haunting power, soaring to display Phildel's incredible vocal talents, exuding strength and delicacy at the same moment whilst retaining seemingly effortless control all in the same moment, stunning, there I've said it again.

"Storm Song" is due for release in January 2013 along with an album The Disappearance of the Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment