Wednesday 7 August 2013

Bird #5 - Intro (Ghosts)

Facebook

I've long supported Bird on this blog, from their first EP Phantoms released over two years ago now to the latest Ophelia, I've been bewitched by their intoxicating combination of ethereal harmonies, haunting beats and beautiful alternative-folk arrangements.

So much so that I included the Liverpool based quartet (with the recent addition of Christian to the fold) in my 'Tips for 2013' posts. That love increased even more over the past couple of months when I caught them live again (I've now seen them five times), firstly at The Great Escape and then in June at a Beautiful Strange night at The Black Heart when I saw them deliver their most captivating performance yet, a set of almost entirely new material that combined all their trademark starkness and dark-beauty with powerful percussion and rocking guitars rarely heard on their recorded material (to date). It promises much for the future and it is new material that brings about this post today...

Yesterday Bird announced that they have started to record their debut album and shared an acoustic version of a new track "Intro (Ghosts)", a track I can recall from their recent live sets, here the rhythmic, tribal energy of the drums propels Adele and Sian's perfect siren-like harmonisation and is sure to make many a heart flutter.

To sign off this post I'll keep it simple - Bird is a band you should be following.

No comments:

Post a Comment