Sunday 18 August 2013

YADI - Creatures

Facebook / yadiyadiyadi.com

An unexpected bit of poptastic fun at The Great Escape was YADi, an artist I had no prior knowledge of whom I saw because she shared a stage with Big Deal. Her show was ununusal success for me, besides a drum kit there was no organic music on stage with nearly all of the music coming from backing taps, yet still I enjoyed a half hour Saturday night set full of Eastern rhythms and Marina and the Diamonds esque power pop.

Her first track for a while saw the light of day late last week and it's similarly grand. "Creatures" plays to everything I remember from May, a quirky, luxurious combination of Hannah's gorgeously smooth vocals fluttering around toy box synths and percussion heavy beats, make sure you check out her last single, the huge "The Blow" too.


No comments:

Post a Comment