Monday 24 February 2014

Annie Eve - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook

I've been aware of the name Annie Eve for a little while now, in fact I've a draft posting I started as long ago as last July in my folders reminding me to post about her debut EP, a self-titled release which came out last summer via Young & Lost Club. Obviously I never quite got around to that and it wasn't until the weekend just past that I finally propelled myself to posting about the London based singer-songwriter...

The track that makes Annie step up from the crowd for me is the first taster of her second EP Feversome, its lead track "Southern". A beautiful, deep acoustic number that nestles with a similar sense of emotional weight, story-telling lyrics and spacious instrumentation to that of Bon Iver or Daughter, here Annie's pure tones, capable of healing wound combine with a subtle melody full of magnificent splendor and grace, the result is simple enchanting.

The EP is set to be released on March 17th and for those of you who fall similarly under her spell, Annie is currently on tour across the UK as part of Communion's 'New Faces' - details and dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment