Monday 10 February 2014

SoftSpot #8 - You \ Yours

Facebook

Before Prince went and completely uprooted my past week (last night's incredible show at Shepherd's Bush even surpassing the highs I talked at length about from the Electric Ballroom) I mentioned a lot of my favourite new artists caught me my surprise with new material last week, one such act is Brooklyn's SoftSpot who return (after their debut Enso - a release that comes highly recommended and one I named my number two album of 2012) with the first track taken from their forthcoming second LP Mass (due April 8th)...

The track "You / Yours" sees a distinct step up in sound from the debut, yet one that still keeps much in line too, still apparent are the bands characteristic kaleidoscopic textures, beautiful guitar textures in perfect coupling with energetic drums and Sarah's vocals, a distinctive rollercoaster of emotions and yet the loud/quiet dynamics are now filled with more suspense and sky-scraping peaks than ever before, from rolling beats to big chunky riffs, this is a track that pulls you in along its journey, expresses more within four minutes than most bands manage in an entire album and makes you beg to hear more.

The track can be download via Bandcamp with the album, no doubt, to follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment