Thursday 10 April 2014

Bird #7 - A War

Facebook / birdofficial.tumblr.com

Hot on the heels of the wonderful "The Rain Song" comes the Liverpool quartet Bird's latest single "A War" (taken from their forthcoming debut My Fear & Me and due via Baltic Records next month). I've been listening to this non-stop since last night and even though it's something I feel like I say every time I write about this band, this is perhaps their finest moment yet...

It encompasses everything I've come to love about Bird within three and a half minutes, the dominating tribal beat that propels the track makes it hard to call it a slow-burner but from an ambient opening, Adele's hypnotic vocals and thudding bass rhythms slowly rise from darkly-hued embers to a soaring peak of delicious harmony and chiming guitars. "A War" is quite simply delicious.

There is an album tour to follow in June and your attendance should be mandatory - this band is even better live - dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment