Wednesday 16 April 2014

Lazy Day - With My Mind

Facebook

Lazy Day might be a new name to you but perhaps Tilly Scantlebury and Hella Better Dancer are not, they certainly aren't new to me with HBD being a band I've supported on this blog for almost three years now with the relationship leading to my little label Beautiful Strange releasing a physical version of their (and with that knowledge you maybe aware that a biased opinion awaits) stunning single "Sleeptalking" late last year (the band also played for Beautiful Strange live shows on a couple of occasions, yes I'm lucky).

So with that in mind, it's with great pleasure that I got a sneaky early listen to the track I'm going to try and refrain from painting with too many superlatives today. "With My Mind" is most fully realised track that Tilly has released thus far under her Lazy Day pseudonym. Earlier tracks shared on her Soundcloud suited the band name (currently just Tilly, with hopefully a live band and dates to follow) perfectly, full of plaintive daydreams and spacious, echoed vocals. "With My Mind" takes that further with a brooding intensity and a hypnotic guitar riff that will embed itself in your brain, couple it with Tilly's magnetic voice, her sumptuous, soothing tones wrap around you and soon you're lost deep within. Quite brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment