Monday 14 April 2014

Sophie Jamieson #6 - Stain

Facebook

I've left this track a couple of days since my return from holiday (if you call running a marathon that, I suppose I do) on purpose, for the simple reason that just about every blog I follow (that's the dozen or so in the right-hand column of this page) has posted about this track already.

Sophie Jamieson has soon become a real favourite of mine, a progressive near-to London based singer-songwriter who has developed before my eyes (and ears) with a beguiling blend of tug at your emotions lyrics, luxorious voice and haunting, swelling instrumentation. The latest result of their (Sophie Jamieson, now referring to a quartet) hard work (and I mean hard work, Sophie must have played around 200 gigs since I first discovered her about eighteen months ago) is the quite exquisite "Stain".

"Stain" leaves exactly that on you, combining Sophie's delectable vocals, heart shattering lyrics and restrained instrumentation, the perfect marriage of space and structure to get under your skin with spine-tingling effect. The track comes backed with "Other", a song I talked about back in February, then a live take for Sofar Sounds and now a full realised beauty which highlights her bands influence more than ever (I'm sure I'll be revisiting it when a public stream is made) and is available now on iTunes via Luv Luv Luv Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment